Web hosting is defined as renting a space on some high powered server in remote location. Every business that has a website needs web hosting for sure. Web hosting allows internet users to access websites of different countries from various locations in few seconds. Since all the web files are stored on a remote computer server from where the access is possible for all users. In today’s age, a business cannot survive without website. You design a website beautifully on your personal computer but you cannot utilize its benefits unless and until you upload it to some web hosting server.
How hosting saves your money
It is true that web hosting service providers charge subscription fees and monthly charges but the rates are reasonable according to the services and advantages web hosting bring to your business. Moreover, there are few web hosting service providers that charge no monthly fee and are absolutely free. Whatever you choose for web hosting, make a wise and future oriented decision as switching cost is always greater in terms of time, money, employee satisfaction and company’s reputation.
- With web hosting there will be no need to invest capital in hardware and data centers
- Saves your time and increase functional efficiency of your business
- Charges of web hosting services are affordable
- Web hosting charges you according to your business capacity and needs rather than costing you initial up-front cost
- Gives you a handsome return on your investment in form of efficiency, effectiveness, time saving and cost saving
- It reduces your cost of human resource
- Allows employees to concentrate on core issues rather than solving the petty ones
- Offers expertise on latest technologies without hiring the experts
- Offers instant solutions and alternative paths
- Allows you to look for new horizons of growing and expanding your business
- Takes care of up gradation and latest updates
Choosing between dedicated and shared server
Along with web hosting services, as a business you must also choose between dedicated and shared server. In dedicated server, whole server will be dedicated to your business, contains only your web files, and takes few minutes in processing the data and other files. On the contrary, in shared server the server would be catering more than one businesses at a time that cause some delays and increase downtime in many cases. However, dedicated server needs more capital investment as compared to shared server. Whatever, you choose, you must keep in mind your capital investment capacity and business requirements. Switching between shared and dedicated server is slightly convenient than switching among web hosting service.
Make your business smart and ubiquitous
Deciding to have a website and allowing it to be accessible round the globe, web hosting is the only option that you must embrace. There are more advantages of web hosting as compared to the threats attached to it. A good web hosting service provider will make sure that web files and every web page is completely available to every user. Without web hosting you cannot survive in this global village.
Image courtesy: Unsplash