Moving files from SFTP to Dropbox can be a tedious and time consuming job. Backup Box has re-named and is now called Mover. If you use a service called Mover, the entire process can be simplified with a few clicks. Following are the steps through which you can transfer or backup files between STFP and Dropbox using Mover.
- Go to https://mover.io/ . This is a website built exclusively to assist people transfer files between different services.
- Then you need to create account on this site. Click on “Create Account” button on top right corner of the screen. Create account by entering your preferred email and password.
- Then click the “Select Source” button on top left corner of the screen and the “+New” buttons to add a new connector. A menu will appear. Choose STFP from the menu and provide your server credentials.
- Browse to the folder that you want to transfer.You can also select the root directory if you want to. This will transfer the directory you have chosen and everything within it.
- Now authorize your Dropbox account by clicking “Select Destination”. Choose Dropbox from the “select a connector” box and a new tab will open where you will have to enter your Dropbox account credentials.Give it a name, and then click “Add this connector”. Allow the Mover app to connect to your Dropbox.
- Browse and select the folder where you desire to receive your transferred files.
- Also choose whether you want to archive and timestamp this transfer.This is advantageous for backups.
- Now your file transfer is ready!Review and check everything to make sure that all of your settings are correct. Then confirm the transfer by clicking the “Transfer now” button at the middle center of the screen. You will be given a prompt to accept the transfer, and once you click on agree, the files will start to transfer to your desired location.
- Another feature in mover is that instead of immediate transfer, you can schedule this transfer to happen automatically at a later date. All you need to do is to click on “Schedule Later” instead of “Transfer Now”.
Image courtesy: Unsplash
Disclaimer: Intellegens Inc is not legally responsible for any damage that may be caused while following the above mentioned steps. If you are part of an organization, please contact our support team at 1-877-575-9961 for further assistance.